It so often starts at a table. I can't count the number of times a Game Master has told me that the party starts sitting in a bar (or inn or tavern or whatever the properly flavored word happens to be) and there we are around the table in someone's dining room and simultaneously around the table in our heads.
This is what draws me to the game. I am there in a room with people, be they my friends or complete strangers. We are going to be dealing with each other for a few hours and we had better get used to the idea. A large number of my friends that I play RPGs with, also play MMORPGs, and I can't seem to make that transition with them. I love being there in the same room as my friends. I love the social interaction.
I have learned a great deal about social interaction from these game sessions and I would like to share those insights with you. In this blog I will be talking about the outside of a role playing game; the part where the players are interacting with each other and what that reveals about who they are.
No comments:
Post a Comment