Friday, October 3, 2014

Scheduling

One of my great weaknesses has always been scheduling. I am hopeless without my online calendar and even with it, I am usually at least 15 minutes late. These days, one of my continual frustrations is the scheduling form my Pathfinder game "The Fated and the Lost". I have let months slip by between sessions and my attention and plot languish in the mean time. As part of my planning issues, I have trouble being productive without a deadline and without an upcoming session on the books I rarely make progress (in fact sometimes we forget things and have to catch back up in the next session).
I need to take a life-lesson from one of my players. She is the kind of person who has things planned out months in advance. This, like most aspects of running a good campaign is a good life lesson. As my life and the lives of my friends get more complicated it is necessary to stretch to longer timelines. My previous comfort-zone for scheduling was a mere two weeks and now I need to be planning things two or more months in advance.
Sometimes playing games can make you act more like an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment